This is a list of features or feature requests for consideration in future releases or as integrated plugins.
- Note: this list is rarely up to date. See the TODO file in the SVN trunk for up-to-date information.
- search functionality
- move cachingloader to utils and use when loading external elements
- thumbnail overview of pages -- plugin
- index (as in more complex index than possible with nav)
- and/or (the same?): lookup (word reference in back of book) -- plugin
- youtube video element -- necessary? i.e., maybe possible to just use img + crossdomain xml? -- works using Security.allowDomain, but player gui isn't really "animation friendly"... will try an element that uses the so-called "chromeless player" one day
- some sort of dataprovider class, which per default accesses the file system, but may be extended (or maybe interface, then implemented) to get data from somewhere else
- flex connector (plugin) + wrapper -- once i find the time to play around more with flex...
- sound player element -- add gui to snd element
- menubar: pdf download -- probably plugin
- print functionality -- plugin... some time
- add print button to menu;
- has disabled version;
- enable for pages with according attribute (print="");
- alternative video player? (not FLVPlayback)
- allow titles to be images -- probably not, because of memory needed...
- contextmenu with 'show image' for images -- maybe
- rendering glitches when pages get really small (either small page size or when zooming out)
- backdrop for pages at the sides to give more depth -- will probably need some graphics, dynamic generation looks horrible
- add option to keep all elements with an id in memory at all times (for interaction) and also load them all in the beginning -- necessary, i.e. is there anyone who really wants this?
- page tear (remove pages from the book by tearing them out)
- different page sizes (at least for covers) -- this could get ugly, i fear...
- xml parameter: update browser title according to anchor name
- url="action:elementID.functionname(params)" -- would be kewl, but needs a basic parser... maybe as a plugin some time
- make Flash component (SWC?) for use in Flash IDE -- no experience with this whatsoever