Author Topic: Megazine3 on iPhone  (Read 3385 times)

draner

Megazine3 on iPhone
« on: September 11, 2010, 03:25:58 am »
Hello,

since Apple announced yesterday that it has lifted restrictions on third-party developers guidelines which will allow Flash Developers to deliver applications for iOS devices, I'd be very interested to create an app using MegaZine3.

Would you have any information ?

Thanks !

Hans Nücke

• Administrator
  • MegaZine3 Sales Manager
Re: Megazine3 on iPhone
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:02:32 am »
We tested with a Nexus and Android/Flash 10.1
It works, little "mini books" are operable and funny, but we doubt it makes real sense on a smartphone; whatever brand.
Main reaon is the available screen size, since a book feeling needs two adjacent pages, and in landscape mode you cannot put a lot of information on each page.
Otherwise it is unreadable. And if you zoom in, you'll miss the flipping features and all what makes a mz3 book unique. THen a simple PDF viewer will be the better choice.

For special purposes it might be nice, like a little photo book, comic book, ...
But I am convinced that only books created for that kind of device make some sense. Expecting a standard book could be easily viewed on an iPhone would result in disappointment. Additionally you have the amount of data that has to be transferred. Still an issue in most regions. Not talking about potential costs.

There might be a niche for an application, and I would like seeing it and learning I am wrong; but I doubt...

For PAD computers (iPAD or future ones based on Android, Win7, ...) it is different and I believe much more suitable, fun and appropriate.

gtech

Re: Megazine3 on iPhone
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 09:30:41 pm »
There is already some free ebooks softwares for the iPhone and the one I use flips and shows only page at a time.

But the same program does not flip pages on the PC and that's what made me look for a better one for my PC...  MZ3 flippîng books...

But I am wondering about the iPad??? maybe ???  And on the Mac ???... why not ;-)

Gilles
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 09:39:32 pm by gtech »

Hans Nücke

• Administrator
  • MegaZine3 Sales Manager
Re: Megazine3 on iPhone and iPAD
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 03:25:41 pm »
Warming up and old thread... but there are some news.
Adobe's new framework AIR is about to support iPAD, iPhone and Blackberries. Windows and MAC desktops as well as Android based devices already are supported.
AIR is a free framework that supports FLASH and AS3.

We now did a more detailed test, and Florian summarized our actual findings in a new article in the Wiki:
MegaZine3 and AIR

Future hints and findings will be added to that post.
There are still some challenges (e.g. with links in a converted PDF page)...

Whoever gains experience, is heartly welcome to share that within this forum or the Wiki.
Especially a confirmation about a working MegaZine3 book on an iPAD would be cool. We have no iPAD, and cannot test ourselves.

The first user sharing details about how to publish a working MZ3 "app" for an iPAD with ideally a little video, will get a free MZ3-BOOK and MZ3-STD license!
To qualify and for tracking purposes please send a heads-up PM to me!