Author Topic: problem with highlighting text using search plugin  (Read 2452 times)

norhan

problem with highlighting text using search plugin
« on: January 12, 2011, 10:02:47 am »
I used pdf2mz3.bat to convert pdf files to swfs for megazine 3 and it worked fine but my problem showed up when I used search plugin.
the problem is that the pdf files are in Arabic language and when I search for a word the seach index works fine but the word can't be highlighted!
If I do the search for only one letter the highlighting works  but not more than one letter.
I don't know what to do but I do think that it is related to the fonts embedded or something because I read about using some code in the .bat file like -F
when editing the .bat file I found these two lines of code

FOR /L %%i IN (1,1,%pg_count%) DO (
    ECHO Processing page %%i
   "%PDF2SWF%" -q -t -T 9 -s internallinkfunction=megazine.PDFlinkHandler -j%jpg_q_h% -s zoom=%res_px_h% -G -p %%i -f "%pdf_name%" "%book_name%/pages/page_h%%i.swf"
   "%PDF2SWF%" -q -t -T 9 -s internallinkfunction=megazine.PDFlinkHandler -j%jpg_q_l% -s zoom=%res_px_l% -G -p %%i -f "%pdf_name%" "%book_name%/pages/page_l%%i.swf"
)

is there to modify the code and how to do that if it's possible or my problem is not related to fonts and doen't have a solution at all!!

thanks

Hans Nücke

• Administrator
  • MegaZine3 Sales Manager
Re: problem with highlighting text using search plugin
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:07:18 pm »
This link might give you some insight, since MegaZine3 uses that function:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/text/TextSnapshot.html

And here you find a summary of all switches for the pdf2swf tool (you also can find that on
www.swftools.org

We heard of Chinese users with the same kind of issues. For us it is difficult to test, but if you find out anything, we really would appreciate to learn from you ;-)

norhan

Re: problem with highlighting text using search plugin
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 09:55:49 am »
Thanks for your reply.

I will try to find a solution and of course I will post it if I reached anything