Author Topic: Ad Networks and Megazine  (Read 1849 times)

Ecnassianer

• Carpe Chaos
Ad Networks and Megazine
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:08:14 am »
Has anybody tried to run advertisements in their megazines? Any success?

Do you know of a way to easily put the ads of an ad network in a megazine page? Could you get adsense in?
See my megazine at CarpeChaos.com

Florian Nücke

• κρύα πόδια
  • Administrator
  • MegaZine3 Developer
    • MegaZine3
Re: Ad Networks and Megazine
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 09:13:49 pm »
Disclaimer: I have no practical experience, so this is purely hypothetical.

The best option would be if the ad network company offered a Flash API / guide to show ads in Flash applications, because then it's no different in megazine than in any other Flash app. If not there's the hurdle of the crossdomain loading stuff. If the network doesn't have a crossdomain.xml allowing everyone / all their customers (second highly unlikely) a direct load probably won't work. So you could try a PHP / whatever script on your server to act as a kind of proxy. The other tricky part could be the links, depending on how they're realized. If it's just a "GET" request, you can do the same from within Flash (by just adding the query string, obviously). If it's post a little more Flash hackery would be needed, but not that bad (just a custom URLRequest object with POST as its method).

Anyway, as I said, that's just hypothesis. Nothing's certain until you observe it ;)
For the Snark was a Boojum, you see.

Before you ask a question
          After you get an answer
  • please document your problem with the answer in the Project Wiki. (e.g. in the FAQs)
  • help others out if you can, by answering their questions on the forum.