Support is provided in the Forum. You can ask questions and search for already discussed topics. The forum is also a great source of ideas for what all can be done with MegaZine3.
Another proven practice is using the GOOGLE Website Search:
This search uses the Google search engine, but a search is performed only on
- MegaZine3.de web pages
- Wiki topics (central documentation system)
- Forum threads: questions and answers around MegaZine3 topics; a great knowledge database
- Blog articles: we started (slowly) two blogs about MegaZine3 and MZ3-Tool3 topics
With the Google Website Search one keyword is sufficient for significant and specific search results.
Example: Different Search Methods and their respective results
|> 8 Mio||scrollbar||Google Internet search|
|3,900||scrollbar AND MegaZine3||Google Internet search|
|>200||scrollbar AND MegaZine3 AND asul||Google Internet search|
|29||scrollbar||Google Website search|
|1||scrollbar||Website search (in header area)|
If you install and run MZ3-Tool3, you'll find the folder "_documentation" with manuals about how to use MZ3-Tool3 and MegaZine3. Once you gained some experience, or in case you have specific questions, the WIKI is a great resource of information!
The WIKI is the best source for all technical details. Please take the time and analyze the start page and remember to use that page as key starting point. You'll find links to almost all and everything on that page: On the left, the right and bottom. In a well structured form.
Links to additional, context specific details about the topic discussed are provided at the bottom of almost every page. Please get used to read to the end - or at least to scroll down ;-)
Here a link list to key areas:
- Quickstart Guide and Tutorials
- List of all <book> parameters
- Details about elements like <page>, <img> (image), <vid> (video) and <snd> (sound)
- Summary of Plugins: Plugins provide the core functionality of MegaZine3 and can be adjusted and extended.
- Bookmarks - option to add personal tabs on both edges of the book
- Navigationbar - powerful plugin that allows easy configuration of the GUI like position, shape, order of the navigation buttons (like slide show, page control, print, fullscreen, ...)
- PDFlinks - allows use of internal and external links provided by a PDF file
- Print - option to print selected pages
- Search - powerful option to search in PDF documents and text files, with highligthing option for pages in SWF format (usually created out of PDF files)
- Slideshow - automatic flipping of pages
- Zoom - configurable zoom feature
Using MZ3-Tool3 to create the core configuration file for MegaZine3 (the megazine.mz3 XML file) helps to avoid many mistakes. And if something goes wrong with MZ3-Tool3, check the log files available in the folder '_log' of your MZ3-Tool3 Installation.
A big help in detecting inconsistencies and errors within the megazine.mz3 file, is making a validation using tools like validome.org. Usually you'll get very precise hints about the kind and location of the problem.
If you add the console plugin to the list of plugins. you can pop up the MegaZine3 console in hitting the '#' key. A window with information and error messages shows up, and you have the option to enter commands in the command line at the bootom (enter '?' for a list of commands).
You'll find some explanations about technical terms around MegaZine3 in the Glossary , which will be extended if needed.
Another excellent source for inforamtion and knowledge database is the Forum
General topics around MegaZine3 are discussed in Google+
FLASH browser for mobile devices: 'Puffin'.